September 13, 2023 at Noon ET: WDC Investment Forum: Guarantees - Partnering to Close the Capital Gap. Register here
Securing guarantees are a significant hurdle when it comes to raising capital for development. Organizations across the U.S. are closing the capital gap with programs that provide debt, equity and credit enhancement for developers whose balance sheets don't meet traditional investor requirements. Join us to learn how these innovative programs are meaningfully reducing the systemic barriers faced by emerging women and BIPOC developers, and how they can be replicated and expanded to broaden capital access. Charmaine Curtis of Curtis Development will moderate a panel of innovative capital providers featuring Miranda Walker of U.S. Bank and Reagan Maechling of Enterprise and Marseah "Marcy" Delatte, Principal Owner of New Orleans Restoration Properties.
Recent WDC 2023 Programs
June 13, 2023 at 1 PM ET: Room of Our Own: Design, Build, Scale: Leaping forward to provide housing for all.
This program showcased ground-breaking organizations who are rapidly designing, building, and scaling new housing to address homelessness and provide housing for all members of our communities. Our panel featured Elizabeth Funk of Dignity Moves, Holly Arnold of Gensler and Jennifer Litwak of Housing on Merit. Moderated by Faye Beverett of Bard Consulting, we explored key opportunities and challenges for deploying innovative design and construction technologies, providing services to residents and attracting capital to scale growth rapidly.
August 8, 2023 at Noon ET: WDC Copia-Investor Collaborative Roundtable Featuring WREIC and Its Co-Founders.
WDC and the Women’s Real Estate Investment Consortium (WREIC) explored future collaborations to promote investment in real estate developments led by women. Our August 8 Investment Roundtable began with a presentation by WREIC co-founders, Jill Homan and Jenna Howard, followed by audience and roundtable discussions. WREIC connects accredited women investors to commercial real estate investment opportunities and leverages the expertise of its members to learn from each other about how to wisely and effectively invest in real estate. Co-founder Jill Homan is President of Javelin 19 Investments, a North Carolina-based real estate investment, development, and advisory firm, and Jenna Howard is Senior Vice President at Lockton where she works with public and private organizations to identify, assess, and manage their financial, operational, and reputational risks.
- January 11, 2023 at 1 PM ET: WDC Investment Forum - Organizing Investment Club of Accredited Investors.
- January 17, 2023 at 5 PM ET: WDC Investment Forum - Organizing Investor Collaborative.
- March 2, 2023 at 1 PM ET: Room of Our Own - Disruptive Innovators Propelling Housing Forward.
- April 25, 2023 at 1 PM ET: Planting Seeds: How crowdfunding, micro-loans and philanthropy are catalyzing transformative developments.
- May 14 & May 15, 2023 at the start of ULI Spring Meeting
Save The Date!
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at Noon EDT, WDC Investment Forum: Guarantees - Partnering to Close the Capital Gap
- Friday, November 3, 2023, WDC in-person event after ULI Fall Meeting in Los Angeles
- Monday, April 8, 2024, WDC in-person event before ULI Spring Meeting in New York City